[Baker, CA] – Maria Palapa Killed in Deadly Rollover Accident on Interstate 15
Maria Guzman Palapa Dies in Fatal Interstate 15 Car Accident
Friday February 26, 2021 – Maria Palapa, age 21, was found dead early Monday morning at around 6;30 P.M. Moreover, the young woman from Las Vegas Nevada was killed in a deadly car accident on Interstate 15.
Also, the deadly accident happened just south of Afton Canyon Road.
Sadly, emergency responders located Ms. Palapa unconscious. Furthermore, despite life saving measures, she passed away at the scene.
Additionally, the Barstow office of the California Highway Patrol will continue to investigate the crash.
Unfortunately, no further information is available at this time.
Stay Alert When Driving on the Road
It can be daunting to drive at high speeds along packed interstate highways. Additionally, here are a few safety tips to help prevent car accidents when driving on crowded roads.
The most important thing to remember is to buckle up. Furthermore, using a seat belt while operating a vehicle should go without saying.
Still, recent data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) shows that about 10% of drivers still do not wear seat belts.
Inevitably, seat belts save lives. Do not forget to wear a seat belt every time a vehicle is in motion.
Another thing to remember, using a cellphone while driving is extremely dangerous and should be avoided if possible. Also, blue tooth hands free devices work well too.
According to the NHTSA, when a driver takes his or her eyes off the road for just five seconds at 55 miles per hour, it is the equivalent of driving the length of a football filed with closed eyes.
Never Text While Driving
It is never a particularly good idea to tailgate and you should always maintain a safe follow distance.
What is more, if one driver is tailgating and the car in front suddenly brakes, there will not be enough room for the trailing vehicle to stop. Ultimately, this will cause a crash.
Rule of thumb is to stay at least three seconds of distance between vehicles, especially on the interstate.
Nowadays, drivers are faced with a plethora of distractions. Additionally, easy to surf radio stations, or you could lose focus while talking on the phone as well.
Safety should always come first on congested highways and interstates. Unfortunately, there will always be thoughtless drivers.
5 Safeguards for Interstate Driving
- Concentrate: Highway traffic can be unforeseen and will change without notice. There are many traffic rules to follow. Also, things to watch for are things like speed limit reductions, accidents, brake lights, alert signage, narrowing lanes, semi-trucks and changing traffic patterns.
- Do not Be Drunk, Distracted, or Drowsy: Nearly 80 percent of crashes and 65 percent of near crashes in California involve some form of distraction. Subsequently, texting or phone use could be considered a distraction. We cannot say this enough. Put your phone up and evade other distractions while driving. If you feel tired, pull over and rest. Finally, never drink and drive.
- Make Sure to Follow the Posted Speed Limits: Driving aggressively, and speeding are major causes of interstate accidents. Furthermore, follow the posted speed limits and merge as soon as safely possible. This will allow for a smooth flow of traffic.
- Look Behind You: Collisions from behind are the most common type of interstate accidents related to bottleneck traffic. Use your mirrors to keep a good defensive space on all sides of your vehicles. Also, it is being a responsible driver when you maintain a safe following distance.
- Watch for Road Construction: Pay attention to road construction reports before you leave to see if there are any Interstate issues. Additionally, pay closer attention if you absolutely need to travel through road work areas. Follow directions, and slow down for road workers for yours and their safety.
To the family and friends of Maria Palapa, we at Salkow Law firm cannot begin to imagine what you are going through, and our sincerest condolences go out to you.
Salkow Law are true advocates that will work with you directly to achieve justice. Insurance companies want to pay as little compensation as they can. They will even try to make your case go away completely. We will fight for you so that does not happen.
Unlike, the law firms you see plastered on billboards and buses, at Salkow Law you will receive a level of personal service long forgotten at the ‘big’ firms. With us you will not be a faceless, nameless case file. We’ll answer any questions you have and make sure you have a full understanding of how the process works.
This is especially true for families that have lost a loved one in an accident. We won’t stop until we’ve gotten you fair compensation to alleviate the financial toll that unexpected devastation brings.