[San Bernardino, CA] – Lamario Davis Lost His Life in Pedestrian Accident on State Route 259
Lamario Davis Killed on State Route 259 Pedestrian Accident
December 1, 2020 – Lamario Davis was killed on Saturday morning around 6:24 A.M. Moreover, the man from Victorville passed away in a fatal pedestrian accident on State Route 259.
Rescue workers responded to a 911 call. Then, when they arrived at the scene, they located Mr. Davis laying down on the shoulder near the intersection of Baseline Street.
Right away, the victim was rushed to an area hospital. However, he was pronounced dead at 7:23 A.M.
The California Highway Patrol is continuing to investigate the accident.
Here Are a Couple of Things to Keep in Mind
Lately, people everywhere have taken to heading outdoors.
Furthermore, this is an easy and healthy way to get out of the house.
Also, this means that there are more pedestrians out there.
Subsequently, at some point in the day everyone is a pedestrian.
This month, NHTSA is launching the first National Pedestrian Safety Month.
Moreover, the goal is to increase awareness about pedestrian safety.
Also, it is to remind drivers and pedestrians that staying safe is a shared responsibility.
Statistically, from September to February, over 30% of pedestrian fatalities occur between 6 p.m. and 8:59 p.m.
Remember, that things like drugs and alcohol, or distraction not only affect a person’s ability to drive.
Similarly, they affect a person’s ability to walk safely.
Here are some other tips for drivers and pedestrians:
5 Walking Safety Tips
- Stay on sidewalks whenever they are available. If there is not one available, then walk facing traffic. Moreover, make sure you are as far from traffic as possible.
- Always stay alert; do not be distracted by phones or texting that take your eye off the road.
- Importantly, cross streets at crosswalks or intersections. Additionally, drivers expect pedestrians to look for cars in all directions. Jaywalking is illegal in some areas, and you could be fined.
- Wear bright clothing during the day. Also, wear reflective clothing or materials at night. Furthermore, never assume a driver sees you. If possible, make eye contact with drivers as they approach. As a result, this will ensure that you are seen.
- Pay attention for cars entering or exiting driveways. Moreover, look for vehicles backing up in parking lots as well.
5 Driving Safety Tips
- Watch out for pedestrians everywhere. Additionally, make sure you always do this. Use extra caution when driving in hard-to-see conditions. Subsequently, this includes nighttime or harsh weather.
- Always, slow down and be ready to stop when turning or entering a crosswalk. Furthermore, never pass vehicles stopped at a crosswalk. As, there may be people crossing that you cannot see.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks. Also, stop well back from the crosswalk to give other vehicles an opportunity. As a result, they will be able to see and stop for the crossing pedestrians.
- Obey posted speed limits. Especially, around people on the street. Follow slower speed limits in school zones and in areas where children are present.
- Be extra cautious when backing up. Often, pedestrians can move into your path when you least expect it.
To the family and friends of Lamario Davis, we at Salkow Law firm cannot begin to imagine what you are going through, and our sincerest condolences go out to you.
Salkow Law are true advocates that will work with you directly to achieve justice. Insurance companies want to pay as little compensation as they can. They will even try to make your case go away completely. We will fight for you so that does not happen.
Unlike, the law firms you see plastered on billboards and buses, at Salkow Law you will receive a level of personal service long forgotten at the ‘big’ firms. With us you will not be a faceless, nameless case file. We’ll answer any questions you have and make sure you have a full understanding of how the process works.
This is especially true for families that have lost a loved one in an accident. We won’t stop until we’ve gotten you fair compensation to alleviate the financial toll that unexpected devastation brings.
Call us for a free consultation at (310) 914 – 8484