[Hayward, CA] – Jeaneth Camacho Passes Away After Pedestrian Mishap on Mission Boulevard
Jeaneth Camacho Hit and Killed by Car on Mission Boulevard
Thursday, January 21, 2021 – Jeaneth Camacho, age 56, was killed on Thursday evening at around 7:30 P.M. Moreover, she died in a pedestrian accident on Mission Boulevard and Gilbert Street.
Initially, Ms. Camacho was hit by two passing vehicles while she was in the middle of the crosswalk.
Subsequently, the driver of the first car stayed on the scene to cooperate with authorities. However, the person behind the wheel of the second car fled the scene.
Sadly, Jeaneth’s husband named Elerie was cooking her favorite soup. Also, the soup was in celebration of their 31st wedding anniversary. Then, Jeaneth’s friend called him to rush over to tend to his dying wife.
The Aftermath of The Mission Boulevard Accident
“I reached the scene. I see my wife like laying in the second lane, and I feel it, that she is still alive, and then I kiss her, and then I hugged her and tell her bye. That is the last moment. That is the last kiss of my wife,” Widower Elerie Camacho lamented.
Also, he mentioned how his wife Jeaneth was walking home from shopping nearby for the food he could use to prepare their anniversary meal.
Afterward, investigators from the California Highway Patrol made note that neither alcohol nor drugs are suspected on the first driver.
Likewise, they are still searching for the second driver who fled the scene.
“For the second driver to hit my wife, please come out and do your obligation for my wife,” Mr. Camacho said.
Mr. Camacho also said that his late wife Jeneath, who leaves three daughters, loved to sing. Additionally, Jeneath was a senior caregiver who administered treatment to terminally ill patients.
What To Do After A Hit-and-Run?
As with any accident, there are easy some steps you should take once the dust has settled. Moreover, it is important to stay calm. As the person left holding the buck, it is your responsibility to record as much information as you can. As a result, you will further be able to protect yourself.
Here is what to do if you are the victim of a hit-and-run:
- Remain calm - Any accident can leave you feeling very anxious. Also, one might also feel angry or afraid. Importantly, do your best to remain composed so you can think and act with a clear head. It may be difficult if you are injured but try to do your best to remember.
- Takedown details – It is good to remember as many details as you can. Such as, get the make and model of the car as well as the license plate number before they can get away. You may not be able to recognize who hit you. However, any detail you can remember will help you when you talk to the police or your insurance company.
- Locate witnesses – Most accidents will typically get a lot of attention. However, after you make sure that you and your passengers are safe, see if there are any witnesses to confirm what happened. Make sure to get their names and contact information. Moreover, this will help you solidify your story when you talk to the police.
- Dial 911 – Make sure and call the police to the scene, particularly if someone needs medical attention. Notably, some states will legally require calling the police after an accident. Furthermore, the responding officials will help investigate the incident and file an accident report. A copy of the report may be necessary for insurance claims.
- Get pictures – While providing your story to insurance companies, pictures will help you provide evidence of the damage. More on that, take photos from different angles, including a full view of the vehicle and close-ups of any dings and scratches. Do not forget to take pictures of the paint left by the other car if there is any. Look for any evidence of the other vehicle involved.
- Call your insurance company – This is not just for hit and run accidents, this is for all accidents. What is more, the trained professionals at an insurance company can walk you through what to do, and how to file a claim.
What Is A Hit-and-Run?
A hit and run accident are when the person responsible flees from the scene of the crash. Sadly, some people have been known to flee even though it was only a fender bender.
Also, a person could experience fines, criminal charges, license revocation, or even jail time. Although, this all depends on what state you live in.
Rest assured that being involved in a car accident is more than enough to ruin anyone’s day. However, the experience can be especially disorienting if you are involved in a hit-and-run.
Hit and run accidents can happen so quickly. Furthermore, you might just barely realize that your vehicle’s been hit before you get out to see that the other car is driving off into the distance.
To the family and friends of Jeaneth Camacho, we at Salkow Law firm cannot begin to imagine what you are going through, and our sincerest condolences go out to you.
Salkow Law are true advocates that will work with you directly to achieve justice. Insurance companies want to pay as little compensation as they can. They will even try to make your case go away completely. We will fight for you so that does not happen.
Unlike, the law firms you see plastered on billboards and buses, at Salkow Law you will receive a level of personal service long forgotten at the ‘big’ firms. With us you will not be a faceless, nameless case file. We’ll answer any questions you have and make sure you have a full understanding of how the process works.
This is especially true for families that have lost a loved one in an accident. We won’t stop until we’ve gotten you fair compensation to alleviate the financial toll that unexpected devastation brings.