[Burbank, CA] – Arnie Cervantes Killed in Motorcycle Crash on Riverside Drive
Arnie Cervantes Killed in Tragic Burbank Motorcycle Crash
October 22, 2020 – Arnie Cervantes, age 38, on Thursday died in a motorcycle crash in Rancho Cucamonga. Moreover, the crash occurred around 5:45 A.M. on Riverside Drive and Bob Hope Drive.
Upon arrival, first responders found Mr. Cervantes pinned under the truck. As a result, he was declared dead at the scene by rescuers.
Furthermore, Burbank Police Department traffic detectives are continuing to investigate the incident.
Lastly, please call 818-238-3100 if you saw the crash or have any further information.
Reasons to Wear a Helmet
There are people who think that wearing a helmet is “nerdy” or “uncomfortable.” However, if you want to protect your head caused by injuries due to falling, then wearing a motorcycle helmet is essential.
- Protect your brain – Head injuries are one of the main causes of death. Traumatic brain injuries can happen when motorcyclists do not wear a helmet. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said that motorcycles made up 14% of all traffic deaths in 2017 alone.
- They can improve your ability to see – Whether it is raining or snowing, a motorcycle helmet can help improve your ability to see other vehicles on the road. Not to mention, potential hazards. Also, a tinted visor helps keep the sun out of your eyes.
- Follow the law – Not all states have the same laws about motorcycle helmets. For example, in Arizona you must wear a helmet if you are 17 or younger. However, in a state like Alabama, all riders must wear one. It is best to know in advance, so look at your local laws about motorcycle helmets.
- Set good examples for children – If you are a parent, your child’s safety should always come first. By setting rules in place early on, it could save their lives later.
- Keeps your head insulated – If you have ridden your motorcycle in the rain, then you know it can be very irritating without a helmet. It is important that you are dry and comfortable when using a motor bike.
- Avoid large medical bills – The risk of having a huge medical bill is extremely high if you were not wearing a helmet during an accident. Not only the first medical bills, but long-term bills could affect you later if you suffered a long-term injury.
- They are stylish – Helmets come in all shapes and sizes. Do not be afraid to “let your freak flag fly” when it comes to riding. Be proud of who you are and show it off with the right helmet!
- You have less of a chance to be found “Partially at fault” in an insurance claim – Commonly, cars are found to be at fault in an accident. If you are not wearing a helmet, then the driver of the car can pass partial responsibility on you. As a result, they do not have to pay as much. It is easy to stop this before it happens. Simply, by wearing a helmet.
Be Aware of Your Surroundings
Statistically, one in every two motorcycle accidents involves another motor vehicle.
As said by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2013, 51% of fatal motorcycle accidents involved another motor vehicle. Also, 47% of those accidents were front facing collisions.
Not only that, another 22% of fatal motorcycle accidents that same year included fixed objects. Moreover, some examples of fixed objects are light poles or highway medians.
Among the fatal motorcycle accident situations that involve another motor vehicle – 42% of them because of other vehicles turning left. Subsequently, this could cause a collision with the driver of the motorcycle.
To the family and friends of Arnie Cervantes, we cannot begin to imagine what you are going through, and our sincerest condolences go out to you.
Salkow Law are true advocates that will work with you directly to achieve justice. Insurance companies want to pay as little compensation as they can. They will even try to make your case go away completely. We will fight for you so that does not happen.
Unlike, the law firms you see plastered on billboards and buses, at Salkow Law you will receive a level of personal service long forgotten at the ‘big’ firms. With us you will not be a faceless, nameless case file. We’ll answer any questions you have and make sure you have a full understanding of how the process works.
This is especially true for families that have lost a loved one in an accident. We won’t stop until we’ve gotten you fair compensation to alleviate the financial toll that unexpected devastation brings.