[Roseville, CA] – Tony Lowe Dies in Hit-and-Run Accident on PFE Road
Tony Lowe Passed Away After Roseville Hit-and-Run Crash on PFE Road
January 09, 2021 – Tony Lowe, age 55, was killed on Saturday, December 26. Moreover, he died in a hit-and-run crash on PFE Road in rural Placer County.
Originally, Mr. Lowe was walking along the road. Then, a white SUV struck him.
Sadly, Mr. Lowe suffered fatal injuries. As a result, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
“He’s a best friend but more like a little brother,” Mr. Lowe’s friend Rick Crowe said.
Subsequently, Mr. Crowe and Mr. Lowe met when they were just five years old. Also, they grew up together in the Bay Area.
As they got older, they each bought a house in Sacramento. That way, they would be close to each other.
“Everybody has a story with Tony and how he helped them — like if they bought a house, he was over there putting in their floors,” mentioned Mr. Crowe.
Accident Caught on Camera
A surveillance video from a nearby business shows the driver of the vehicle getting out to see what they had done. Afterward, he got back inside the car and drove away.
“I don’t think it was their fault at all, and I almost feel just as bad for them, but still, I think the mistake they made was driving off. I couldn’t imagine if I did something like that, even if I thought I got away with it, how I would feel,” Mr. Crowe added.
Furthermore, Mr. Crowe took the video to several car dealerships. Likewise, to see if anyone could identify the suspect’s vehicle.
However, all of the people he spoke with said the vehicle appears to be a white Dodge Durango. Unfortunately, the plate number could not be read in the video.
Moreover, Mr. Crowe has hopes that the person in the video turns themselves in.
“I hope the person turns themself in before they get caught so it isn’t so bad on them,” he mentioned. “I don’t think the family or anybody is looking for revenge or anything just closure.”
Additionally, Mr. Crowe said that the California Highway Patrol has a copy of the video and they are investigating.
What To Do After a Hit-and-Run?
As with any accident, there are easy some steps you should take once the dust has settled. Moreover, it is important to stay calm. As the person left holding the buck, it is your responsibility to record as much information as you can. As a result, you will further be able to protect yourself.
Here is what to do if you are the victim of a hit-and-run:
- Remain calm – Any accident can leave you feeling very anxious. Do your best to remain composed so you can think and act with a clear head. It may be difficult if you are injured but try to do your best to remember.
- Stay put – Make sure to stay where you are. Moreover, do not leave the scene of the accident or attempt to chase down the other driver. Sitting still can help you collect valuable evidence. This will help to avoid any incurring penalties for yourself. Additionally, move your car safely off the road if possible. Once you have a good grasp of your situation, start checking to see if you or any passengers need medical attention.
- Takedown details – It is good to remember as many details as you can. Such as, get the make and model of the car as well as the license plate number before they can get away. You may not be able to recognize who hit you. However, any detail you can remember will help you when you talk to the police or your insurance company.
- Dial 911 – Make sure and call the police to the scene, particularly if someone needs medical attention. Notably, some states will legally require calling the police after an accident. Furthermore, the responding officials will help investigate the incident and file an accident report. A copy of the report may be necessary for insurance claims.
- Call your insurance company – This is not just for hit and run accidents, this is for all accidents. What is more, the trained professionals at an insurance company can walk you through what to do, and how to file a claim.
What Is a Hit-and-Run?
A hit and run accident are when the person responsible flees from the scene of the crash. Sadly, some people have been known to flee even though it was only a fender bender.
Also, a person could experience fines, criminal charges, license revocation, or even jail time. Although, this all depends on what state you live in.
Since the penalties can be severe, they are often the reason that a driver may choose to flee. Here is a look at a few penalty examples:
- The most obvious reason is they lack auto insurance coverage.
- They know that they have just broken the law and are afraid.
- They have been using drugs or alcohol.
- The vehicle they are driving is stolen.
Rest assured that being involved in a car accident is more than enough to ruin anyone’s day. However, the experience can be especially disorienting if you are involved in a hit-and-run.
Hit and run accidents can happen so quickly. Furthermore, you might just barely realize that your vehicle’s been hit before you get out to see that the other car is driving off into the distance.
To the family and friends of Tony Lowe, we at Salkow Law firm cannot begin to imagine what you are going through, and our sincerest condolences go out to you.
Salkow Law are true advocates that will work with you directly to achieve justice. Insurance companies want to pay as little compensation as they can. They will even try to make your case go away completely. We will fight for you so that does not happen.
Unlike, the law firms you see plastered on billboards and buses, at Salkow Law you will receive a level of personal service long forgotten at the ‘big’ firms. With us you will not be a faceless, nameless case file. We’ll answer any questions you have and make sure you have a full understanding of how the process works.
This is especially true for families that have lost a loved one in an accident. We won’t stop until we’ve gotten you fair compensation to alleviate the financial toll that unexpected devastation brings.
Call us for a free consultation at (310) 914 – 8484