[Oakland, CA] – Adolfo Gonzalez Killed in Hit-and-Run Accident on San Leandro Street
Adolfo Gonzalez Killed in Oakland Pedestrian Accident on San Leandro Street
Wednesday, February 10, 2021 – Adolfo Gonzalez, age 55, was the victim who was killed in a hit-and-run accident that occurred on San Leandro Street last January 18.
Not long ago, the Alameda County coroner’s bureau confirmed the identity of the victim from Hayward as Mr. Gonzalez. Moreover, this was linked with the incident which occurred in the 10200 block of San Leandro Street.
Initially, officers responded to reports at 6:01 A.M. Furthermore, they were investigating a hit and run accident.
When they arrived, they located Mr. Gonzalez lying down in the street, unconscious. In cowardly fashion, the driver of the involved vehicle had fled the scene without attempting to give Mr. Gonzalez any aid.
As a result, first responders transported Mr. Gonzalez to a nearby hospital. Also, he remained in critical condition, until he died on Sunday, January 24th.
According to reports, Mr. Gonzalez was walking across San Leandro Street. Then, the eastbound vehicle struck him on the street.
Also, he was not using any type of crosswalk either.
Afterward, the car continued traveling east on San Leandro Street. Currently, the authorities haven’t confirmed whether drugs or alcohol were involved in the crash.
What to Do After a Hit-and-Run
As with any accident, there are easy some steps you should take once the dust has settled. Moreover, it is important to stay calm.
As the person left holding the buck, it is your responsibility to record as much information as you can. As a result, you will further be able to protect yourself.
Here is what to do if you are the victim of a hit-and-run:
- Remain calm - Any accident can leave you feeling very anxious. Also, my might also feel angry or afraid. Importantly, do your best to remain composed so you can think and act with a clear head. It may be difficult if you are injured but try to do your best to remember.
- Stay put – Make sure to stay where you are. Moreover, do not leave the scene of the accident or attempt to chase down the other driver. Sitting still can help you collect valuable evidence. This will help to avoid any incurring penalties for yourself. Additionally, move your car safely off the road if possible. Once you have a good grasp of your situation, start checking to see if you or any passengers need medical attention.
- Locate witnesses – Most accidents will typically get a lot of attention. However, after you make sure that you and your passengers are safe, see if there are any witnesses to confirm what happened. Make sure to get their names and contact information. Moreover, this will help you solidify your story when you talk to the police.
- Dial 911 – Make sure and call the police to the scene, particularly if someone needs medical attention. Notably, some states will legally require calling the police after an accident. Furthermore, the responding officials will help investigate the incident and file an accident report. A copy of the report may be necessary for insurance claims.
- Call your insurance company – This is not just for hit and run accidents, this is for all accidents. What is more, the trained professionals at an insurance company can walk you through what to do, and how to file a claim.
As daunting as the encounter can be, how you react can play an important role in protecting yourself both financially and physically.
What Is A Hit-and-Run
A hit and run accident are when the person responsible flees from the scene of the crash. Sadly, some people have been known to flee even though it was only a fender bender.
Also, a person could experience fines, criminal charges, license revocation, or even jail time. Although, this all depends on what state you live in.
Since the penalties can be severe, they are often the reason that a driver may choose to flee. Here is a look at a few penalty examples:
- The most obvious reason is they lack auto insurance coverage.
- They know that they have just broken the law and are afraid.
- They have been using drugs or alcohol.
- The vehicle they are driving is stolen.
Rest assured that being involved in a car accident is more than enough to ruin anyone’s day. However, the experience can be especially disorienting if you are involved in a hit-and-run.
Hit and run accidents can happen so quickly. Furthermore, you might just barely realize that your vehicle’s been hit before you get out to see that the other car is driving off into the distance.
To the family and friends of Adolfo Gonzalez, we at Salkow Law firm cannot begin to imagine what you are going through, and our sincerest condolences go out to you.
Salkow Law are true advocates that will work with you directly to achieve justice. Insurance companies want to pay as little compensation as they can. They will even try to make your case go away completely. We will fight for you so that does not happen.
Unlike, the law firms you see plastered on billboards and buses, at Salkow Law you will receive a level of personal service long forgotten at the ‘big’ firms. With us you will not be a faceless, nameless case file. We’ll answer any questions you have and make sure you have a full understanding of how the process works.
This is especially true for families that have lost a loved one in an accident. We won’t stop until we’ve gotten you fair compensation to alleviate the financial toll that unexpected devastation brings.